Respublica, Russian bookstore has taken the idea of URL shorteners and used it to promote full-length literature, in a campaign through Havas Digital in Moscow. Respublica is encouraging its customers to share web pages using a URL “lengthening service,” urliteratu.re, which will embed excerpts from books in the links, encouraging friends to click further and perhaps buy the book as well as looking at the web page linked to. The campaign is designed to encourage young people, who are obsessed with shortening everything, to think about reading more full length literature.
Agency: Havas Digital – Moscow
- Client: Respublica
- General Director: Kirill Zhukov
- Creative Director: Lucas Zaiden
- Art Director: Bruno Ponzini
- Copywriter: Augusto Anjos
- Production Company: Indee Interactive, Soleil Noir